QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A REGULAR PILATES WORKOUT? Pilates has the ability to change your body like no other fitness regime. When done on a regular basis Pilates can develop an intensely strong core (aka AMAZING abs) as well as long and lean muscles without the bulk. Pilates will create a stronger and more flexible spine & restore postural alignment. This work can correct over-training of muscle groups that can lead to joint stress and injury.
IS PILATES JUST ANOTHER EXERCISE FAD? This may seem a strange question to ask about an exercise method that was invented almost a century ago and has had a devoted following for many long decades. But the answer is simple: NO, no way, nope, not a chance. And so is the reason: Because it works, it works, it works, IT WORKS! Joseph Pilates always said that his method was 50 years ahead of his time. The current interest & popularity of Pilates is simply the fulfillment of his longstanding prediction.
- IS PILATES JUST FOR WOMEN? We certainly don't think so...but why don't you ask Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Tiger Woods, Hugh Grant, DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys, David Beckham, Ruben Brown of the Chicago Bears, Dillon Gee of the New York Mets, ALL of the Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Oakland Raiders. No really....ask them!
- CAN MY TEEN TAKE A CLASS? Teenagers are a tricky bunch- mostly because they are all different sizes. As a rule, we ask that 16 years is the youngest allowed to take a class, but we hold the right to decline a teen if they are not big enough to handle the reformer in a group situation. We are happy for teens to sign up for Privates, Duos or Trios. Just call to set them up with one of out very capable instructors.
- HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK SHOULD I TAKE PILATES? Joseph Pilates once famously said: "In 10 sessions, you feel better, 20 sessions you look better, 30 sessions you have a completely new body." Ideally we would love to see your smiling face 3-4 times per week, but taking a class at least twice a week will bring you noticeable changes in your body and alignment.
- WHAT DO I WEAR TO CLASS? It is helpful for our instructors if you wear comfortable yet form-fitting exercise clothes. It enables the instructor to visually see that you are performing the exercises with the proper alignment. Please, no loose shorts. We also ask that you wear socks or go barefoot in order to keep our beautiful machines clean and pristine! If you just MUST wear shoes please designate a pair as studio only shoes. No street shoes will be allowed on our machines.
- I CAN'T FIND A SITTER, IS IT OKAY IF I BRING MY KIDS? Believe us, we LOVE kids! So much that most of us have a few of our own... but unfortunately, for safety reasons, we don't allow little ones in THE STUDIO.
- OH NO! I'M SIGNED UP FOR A CLASS BUT CAN'T MAKE IT... CAN I CANCEL MY CLASS? We require a 4 hour notice if you need to cancel out of your class. Since we have limited space in each of our classes we request that you cancel as soon as you know you can't attend...This will allow another client to sign up for the class. That way we are all shiny happy people! If you late cancel a class after the 4 hour allotment a $10.00 late cancel fee will be charged. Because there may be another client wanting to attend class, we will charge a full class fee if you are a No Show. We know, its a bummer... but think of it as kind of a way to hold your self accountable to get to class!
OKAY I'M READY TO GET STARTED... NOW WHAT? Yay! We are thrilled you will be joining us! So now here's what you do. If you already lead an active lifestyle with no current injuries, then you are ready to join us for a free demo. Call THE STUDIO at 256-604-0776 to schedule a Demo. It is helpful to have some information ahead of time. Look for the Intake form on the GET STARTED page, fill it out and send it to us. We also ask that you have a credit card or bank account information on file for ease of payment. An instructor from THE STUDIO will contact you and get you scheduled.
We ask all new clients to come for a free Demo, then take 2 Transitions sessions with an instructor. Ready? Pick up the phone and call 256-604-0776.... the friendly voice on the other end will ask you a few questions & guide you through your Pilates sign up experience. It's that simple! Yes, really!